Adoption can expensive. A lot of times the financial aspect of adoption can be the most stressful part of the process. Luckily, there is an ever-increasing culture towards funding adoption. When we started the process, loans were few and far between. Check out these top 5 loans to see what fits your financial needs.
- SoFi – www.sofi.com/personal-loan-dr -Offers personal loans from $5,000-100,000. This loan is best for those with excellent credit but allows freedom to cover all expenses for your adoption. There are no origination fees. No prepayment penalties. The interest rate starts at far below the average credit card interest rate at 6.19%. Securing a personal loan would alleviate the need for verifying that all expenses fit the adoption expense category.
- Lightstream- www.lightstream.com/- Lightstream also offers personal loans. They have a sliding interest rate based on loan amount and repayment time. They boast interest rates as low as 3.09%. Lightstream states that you can have funding of your loan the same day you apply. They offer loans from $5,000-100,000.
- America’s Christian Credit Union- www.americaschristiancu.com/personal/personal-loans/adoption-loans.html- ACCU offers several adoption-related loans. This is not a personal loan. Their loans can be up to $50,000 and can be used for domestic or international adoptions. They offer rates as low as 5.99%. These adoption loans can also be used to cover travel-related expenses. ACCU also offers a grant program.
- Avant- www.avant.com/rates_terms- Avant is another personal loan program. Avant boasts a quick loan funding and no prepayment fees. They offer loans from $2,000-35,000 with rates of 9.95% – 35.99%. They also offer an entirely digital process with quick turn around which can be a lifesaver if you’re in a pinch.
- Hebrew Free Loan Society- hfls.org/loan-programs/adoption/- Hebrew Free Loan Society offers a true adoption loan. Their loans cover agency fees, travel, and advertising fees associated with adoption. HFLS does have specific financial restrictions. They offer quick funding and electronic loan repayment. HFLS also have very specific loan requirements that may or may not fit your family’s financial needs.